As Salam walakum wa rahmatuAllahi wa barkatoh
Good Morning, Evening, Afternoon
Hope you are all well and in good health. Today I want to start a series on Nutrition and how important it is to be vigilant and steadfast in what we put in our bodies. I will touch more about toxins in future posts.. Let’s focus on what we should put in our bodies today.
Our bodies were created with great systems to keep us striving every day.
- The circulatory system
- the nervous system
- respiratory System
- muscular systems,
- digestive system
- Integumentary ( The integumentary system is the largest organ of the body that forms a physical barrier between the external environment and the internal environment that it serves to protect and maintain. The integumentary system includes the epidermis, dermis, hypodermis, associated glands, hair, and nails)
- Immune system
To keep these systems working properly we need to eat vitamins and minerals. Though the idea that everyone’s bodies are the same is not correct. My digestion may be different than yours, slower, faster, or some people have issues digesting anything. Healing, some like children can heal more quickly than someone that is older in age. In gen. everyone’s system can be different. With that said though the Medical association has come up with Recommended Dietary Allowance or AI. which is an average of what our bodies need on a daily basis to keep up the hard work of keeping you going Or to ward off deficiencies. Maybe to also aid in healing deficiencies. which can cause major health issues. So let’s start with the vitamin ………………
A (retinol, retinal, and retinyl esters)
What is the RDA:
What happens when the body becomes deficient?
- dark adaptation of the eyes (which could lead to night blindness)
- Xerophthalmia (abnormal dryness of the conjunctiva and cornea of the eye, with inflammation and ridge formation)
- keratinization of the eyes.
- Keratinization of skin ( a think membrane on the Keratinocytes are the primary type of cell found in the epidermis (the thin, outer layer of the skin)
- keratinization mucous membranes-respiratory, Drying, scaling, and follicular thickening of the skin and respiratory infections can result in. gastrointestinal alurinary tracts can gastrointestinal
- urinary tracts can occur.
- infertility and troubles conceiving
- Delayed growth in children
- wounds doesnt heal as fast
- acne and breakouts
How to diagnose?
Well, if you have these symptoms it’s a good indication but the best way to find out (if you can) is to take a blood test.
What is A good for (other than protecting you from these diseases)?
where is Vitamin A digested in the system?
- vitamin A is a Fat-soluble. Which means you need those healthy fats i.e butter (we will later discuss healthy fats) to have it to be adsorbed in the body.
- Digested in the uper half of the small intestines .
Where we can find it?
The way that our bodies have been created was to absorb vitamins and Minerals by food. Whole, fresh, clean food. Unfortunately with today’s mainstream (factory) farming practices the pesticides, herbicides, GMOs even can inhibit the absorption of many vitamins and minerals. also, because of these farming practices, the levels of vitamins and minerals are depleted. For example, the amount of vitamin A in a carrot let’s say 30 years ago, is not the same level today. This is why we have a lot of food that is fortified. So we have to make sure we try to get organic, or if you can go out to the farmers and see their farming practices. There are many organic farmers out there but they can not afford to be certified. It’s best to be local and support our local farmers anyways and try to eliminate the factory farming that can be so damaging to our health.
- Fish Oils (make sure they are not farmed fish, or oils from farmed fish)
- Carrots and much more.
Regarding supplements, you can find them at your local co-op, but not everyone lives near one. There are supplements at places like sams or Costco but you need to make sure that they are not mostly just full of fillers. Whole food supplements is the best so far, but I am still researching.
Copyright © [ElderberryHolisticHelath]