Good Morning, Evening, and afternoon.
I hope all is well in your little piece of the world.
Today, I am going to continue with the unit on Vitamins. Today we are talking about B5.
What is B5?
Pantothenic acid, also called vitamin B₅ is a water-soluble B vitamin and, therefore, an essential nutrient.
What is our daily Recommended Dietary Allowance? Since B5 is water-soluble you don’t have to worry too much about over dousing. especially if you’re not taking supplements. In gen. though you can see in the graph what we should have to maintain good levels.
What is its job(operation) in the body?
- Create red blood cells
- Maintain a healthy digestive tract
- Process other vitamins, particularly B2 (riboflavin)
- Synthesize cholesterol
- synthesis of coenzyme A (CoA) and acyl carrier protein
- It helps produce energy by breaking down fats and carbohydrates
- CoA is essential for fatty acid synthesis and degradation, transfer of acetyl and acyl groups, and a multitude of other anabolic and catabolic processes
What are the signs of deficiency?
There are many reasons why one can be deficient in vitamins. As I said before best to check beforehand level. If you can. One could have digestive issues causing absorbing issues.
These are some signs to look out for.
- Burning of the hands
- Respiratory infections
- disturbed sleep
- gastrointestinal disturbances with anorexia
Solution/ plan on maintaining good levels of B5:
Eating a whole nutrition diet is key. Now, if you do become deficient, there are supplements out there. When choosing when possible, try to get the whole food vitamins. They are easier to be absorbed. A great article to break down the differences between whole food Vitamines and synthetics
*Please let me know in the comments below if you like to know my recommendations.
The Foods that are High B5
- (Fish Salmon Atlantic Wild Cooked Dry Heat) 3.3mg (65% DV) in 6oz fillet Abalone (Cooked) (Mollusks Abalone Mixed Species Cooked Fried)2.4mg (49% DV) in 3 oz
- Avocado around 1.46 mg in 100 grams
- Dates .59mg per 100 grams.
Copyright © [ElderberryHolisticHelath]
I would love to know how you feel about this post today..