What is Magnesium?
Small intestines = Duodenum, Jejunum, Ileum
Magnesium is a mineral. Magnesium is absorbed in the small intestine. What depletes Magnesium in the body is florid, sugar, coffee,
Reasons you could be not absorbing Magnesium are:
- Too much alcohol
- Long-lasting digestive problems
- Kidney Problems
- Poor Diet (antibiotics, PPI, and others)
- Certain medications
What is the function of Magnesium in the body?
- Energy Production
- Bone and teeth structure
- DNA replication (growth and renewing of cells)
- RNA growth synthesis (RNA turns genic information into protein)
- Magnesium supports healthy blood levels in the body.
- Boast Anti-Imfamitoy benefits
- Diabetes (diets with high levels of Magnesium have a lower risk of type2)
- Cardio Vascular health
- and much, much more!
Water accounts for ~10% of daily magnesium intake , and chlorophyll (and thus green vegetables such as spinach) is the major source of Magnesium. Nuts, seeds and unprocessed cereals are also rich in Magnesium. Legumes, fruit, fish and meat have an intermediate magnesium concentration. Some types of food processing, such as refining grains in ways that remove the nutrient-rich germ and bran, lower magnesium content substantially. Low magnesium concentrations are found in dairy products, except milk [24,26].
Signs of Magnesium Deficiency
- Loss of Appetite
- Pins and needles
- hyperexcitability (easy to be excited and nervous)
- Abnormal Heart rhythm
Long term Deficiency
- Lower Calcium levels in the blood
- Heart Disease
What is the solution?
Eating a whole food nutrition diet will defiantly help. Foods high in Magnesium are:
- Dark green leafy Veggies 79mg in 100g
- Dry beans 140mg in 100g
- Dry Legumes 120mg in 100g
- Dark Chocolate 64mg in 1oz
- Pumpkin Seeds 262mg in 100g
- Peanut Butter 154mg in 100g
- Avocado 29mg in 100g
- Spirulina 195mg in 100g
- Sea Weed 770gm in 100g
- Chlorella 350mg in 100g
- Moringa Fresh leave (42g) Dry Leaves (448g) Dry leave powder (368g) In 100g
- If you and your doctor feel you should take supplements… Keep an eye on your bending levels and test 2 times a week or once a month because the digestion differs with pill supplements than whole food.
- Low Pressure
- Muscle Weakness
- Too much Magnesium can be fatal
But, Rena, What is the daily Intake of Magnesium?
Great Question! So
- Adults (Men, 19-51) 400-420Mg
- Adults (women) 310-320Mg
- Pregnancy 350-360Mg
- Lactation 310-320Mg
- 1-3 80Mg
- 4-8 130Mg
- 9-13 240Mg
- Remember that the best way to get our Magnesium Daily Values is by our whole food diets. If you are doing any supplements, remember to keep track of your daily vale to protect you from overdosing.
I hope you enjoyed today’s blog; I learned a lot and will implement more Magnesium in my Diet… What about you? How will you add Magnesium to your Diet? Comment below. Thank you again for your time. I appreciate it.
Don’t forget to check out the blog about MonkeyPox and how to protect you, and your family.
Copyright © [ElderberryHolisticHelath]