How is everyone feeling? (comment below) I hope things are going well. It is starting to warm up here, and the sun is shining…
Today, I wanted to continue talking about the vital nutrient B3. What is B3? It is also known as Niacin or Nicotinic Acid. It is one of the eight B-complex water-soluble Vitamins.
The Benefits of B3:
- Niacin helps to convert nutrients into energy, create cholesterol and fats, create and repair DNA, and exert antioxidant effects.
- Helps with liver function
- It could help reduce the risk of heart attacks.
Niacin may help to improve your blood fat levels by:
- increasing your HDL (good) cholesterol
- reducing your LDL (bad) LDL cholesterol
- reducing your triglyceride levels
Symptoms of deficiency:
- Rough skin that turns red or brown in the sun
- Bright red tongue
- extreme tiredness
- Aggressive, paranoid, or suicidal behavior
- Hallucinations, apathy, loss of memory
- mouth and skin sores
In its final stages, pellagra leads to loss of appetite, followed by death.
Great Question. How much should we have? Upper daily Value intake:
Birth to 12 months Not established
Children 1–3 years10 mg
Children 4–8 years15 mg
Children 9–13 years20 mg
Teens 14–18 years30 mg
Adults 19+ years35 mg
So what can we do not to become deficient? First and foremost, we should have a complete nutrient-dense diet (the word means how we eat). Many foods are high in B3, such as:
- Beef roast (100g serving ) 4.2 g
- Piece of chicken (174g) 14g
- Sunflower seeds (cup) 8.8g
- mushrooms King ouster (100g) 6.4g
- Tahini – Sesame seeds butter (100g) 5.81 g
- Avocado (1 cup) 4.39g
- Peas (cups) 3.03g
- Potato (one) 1.96
- liver (one) 6g
Regarding supplements, you can take them but make sure they don’t interact with any diabetes medication.
Over dosing on b3 can cuas liver faliure. Liver failure can happen with a lot of supplements, so make sure .. As I said before if you can get a blood test beforehand. If not, take tiny doses over time with your whole food diet. Consult your doctor right away if you notice any deficiency or overdose symptoms.
If you have any questions, do not hessite to contact that is why we are here @ Elderberry Holistic Health.
Copyright © [ElderberryHolisticHelath]
I would love to know how you feel about this post today..