As Salam Walakum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa barkatoh,
I pray this reaches you all in good health
In 2003 I had a mental and physical health breakdown. At the time, a single mother. I was working 3rd shift at a casino (not an excellent healthy atmosphere). I was eating unhealthy, going to the food shelf. Just surviving every day to try to get things done. The stress was overbearing. Making do with whatever they had. I was overweight. Hypothyroidism and other sicknesses. I was utterly overwhelmed by my past traumas. Not having the time or mental/emotional capacity to heal. I had been struggling with anxiety attacks, depression, and PSTD all my life and then started to have panic attacks. I began to be unable to function in my daily life. I just want to be able to be a good mother and be able to give her a stable, secure home.
The first step, I ran to the doctor. Fully trusted they would be able to help me. Their choice was to keep me in the patient for 2 weeks and work on giving medication. They put me on very high dosages.
The medication they gave was Seroquel and others I have forgotten now. Still, the drugs didn’t help me with any symptoms that may have actually made it worse. It was like the medication imprisoned me.
Side effects of Seroquel: https://www.drugs.com/tips/seroquel-patient-tips
- I was sleeping all the time, 23 hours a day. Literally only waking to eat or go to the bathroom.
- I couldn’t eat because I had muscle spasms so bad I couldn’t hold a spoon.
It was really dark times. My daughter, who was 5 at the time, remembers that there was something wrong. I really was never there. Though I was there… I ran back to the doctor and told them this wasn’t working out. Is there some other way? They said that they would increase the medication. I felt in my gut this just wasn’t right. I ended up in the ER for my gallbladder; while there .. a man had a psychosis episode. Who just happened to be on the same medication, and his doctor had just increased his dosage that day.
I made the decision that day. I was going to listen to my body & heart and stop. I needed to be a mother. I needed to give her a life. I needed to provide her with a living. Be present. Protect her! It’s not possible for me like this. I was able to drive now. For some reason, I didn’t I couldn’t talk on the phone. I couldn’t go where it was loud and with many people (still working on this). I had to do something. For her. For me. For my mom, my sister.
So I cut cold turkey. I felt there had to be a better way to heal.
I started my research on natural medicine and how to treat my conditions naturally. I found my school ACHS (American College of Health Science ), in 2005… I wanted to learn everything! At first, I went there for myself. My family? But after the first class, I wanted to share it with the world!!! There is a better way to heal and gain our Mental, Physical, and Emotional health.
I started at home .. Baby steps…
- Was my diet horrible! Eating corn syrup, Perspectives, msg, everything wrong, I was eating. So I started to eat clean. Getting rid of these fast food foods.
- Started to drink more water. Though I was drinking coffee and pop, it was not the same. I literally could go days without water.
- Started exercising daily. I was a considerable athlete when I was younger, and because of all the trauma that concurred in my life.. All of that stopped. So I started hiking, walking, moving, and stretching. It’s incredible how much our bodies hold on to. Sometimes I would stretch, and I would just cry. Not from physical pain but the emotional pain that I had held on to.
- I started to take herbs St. Johns wort.
- Using lavender & Chamomile, Tea & Aromatherapy in sleeping, stress, anxiety. Anything.
- Valerian to finely get a sleep pattern going.
I started to see changes fast. SubahnaAllah (Glory to the creator of the heavens and earth and everything in between)
- I was able to be there for my daughter.
- Daily chores started to become more manageable.
- Taking care of myself became more natural than forced, forgetting, or not caring.
- Emotionally more balanced.
- Sleeping without waking every 10 min.
- Able to go to the store with someone there.
Some things took more time, and that was ok. I needed to grow and heal.
See, that is the beauty of holistic health. It’s a journey. Everyone is different, and everyone’s bodies are different, even down to digestion. I may digest food slower than you do… In Holistic health and neuropathy, we look at everyone individually… The one size fits all medical system does not work for all and is not the same way.
Currently, I have healed:
- My hypothyroidism
- Loss of weight
- No fatty liver
- Lowered Heart Rate
- Lowered my cholesterol
- Gained more flexibility and balance, emotionally and physically.
- The ability to function in society.
- Started driving again.
And much more.
Some may think that I am way too candid here. Well, it’s who I am, and I genuinely believe it’s very important to be as candid, truthful, and frank as possible. It’s essential in the healing process. NOT the hard-on yourself.. No should would could of… NO….
We can not change the past. We can only learn from the past and be present. We have to make a choice. I deserve to heal; I deserve to be whole. I deserve to heal. What happens. It was not right. You deserve to have a life in safety, love, and care, but now we need to heal. “I can heal”. Thinking with self-love, Self-support. If I am not candid. If you are not candid about your story… How can we help others? How can we warn others to not fall into our holes?
I hope you take from my story that you are worthy of healing and taking the time out to find you. No matter what, however long it takes .. doesn’t matter.. what matters is that you feel whole again.
Why Are you blogging?
- I want to share my passion for holistic Health Including.
- aromatherapy and so many other types of therapy
- I find blogging an easy way to reach as many people as possible.
- How to figure out what is going on with your body.
- I would also love to build a community. So if you have the same passion or want to learn more. Don’t hesitate to connect with me. Or you have a topic request or question. It’s my honor to be able to help support you in your journey… And my journey is never-ending… do maybe we can be a support for one another…
- I find blogging an easy way to reach as many people as possible. At least I hope to
- It’s also my passion to be able to offer my consultations and or coaching services at a reasonable price. As I firmly believe everyone is deserving of having holistic natural healing ..
What have I helped others to achieve
- Advising/ Supporting people wean and detox prescription drugs.
- Primary care children’s health
- Coaching on health
- Helping with Fibromyalgia
- Weight loss surgery support
- Pregnancy and birth
If you have gotten this far. Thank you so much for your time and kindness in reading about me. Means a lot to me. I hope my story can help someone out there. At the very least, to know that you are not alone and there is help out there.