Salam walakum wa RahamatuAllahi wa barkatoh,
Good morning, evening, afternoon.
How are you all? How is your health? (comment below)
Today I would like to talk about the subject of air and why it’s important.. I think we all know that it is important but how does it affect our health? With all the talk of climate change, there is not a lot of talk about how it affects us directly.
This topic is very close to me because I am an American living in Egypt. where I live in Egypt has been very detrimental to our health. We are near an oil refinery, also when we moved here. We later found out that someone was using a house space to break down iron (so an iron factory). They burn garbage and chemicals. There is no, oh no there is a battery better not burn that. We also live near a major highway and I am pretty sure there is illegal cooking stuff going on, Though we are trying to move. Like many people, they may not have the money. Or know where to go. This is our situation. As this is not my country I am trying hard to not just move in the same situation again. with that said this is not a great situation… I am hoping can bring some awareness and think to other people.
For us, we feel always inflamed and have headaches and at our worse, we are unable to do anything. immobile, sleepy, and I can only imagine what this may do to our long-term health…
So let us start with what are air pollutants
diesel fumes and reg gas exhaust is a complex mixture of gases and diesel particulate matter (DPM). Components include
- carbon monoxide
- carbon dioxide
- sulphur dioxide
- nitrogen oxides
- aldehydes including benzene and formaldehyde
- polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs)
- soot (carbon)
- Irritation of the eyes, nose, & throat
- Tightness in the chest
- Tingling in the extremities
- aggravated asthma
- reduced lung capacity
- Increased susceptibility to respiratory illnesses, including pneumonia and bronchitis
Contents of exhaust:
- Oxygen (%)_ Carbon dioxide (%)
- Carbon monoxide Oxides of nitrogen as
- Volatile Organic Compounds.
- Methane and C2-C15 hydrocarbons were determined by cryogenic preconcentration and capillary column gas chromatographic analysis of whole air samples collected in surface-passivated canisters.
- NO2 (ppm) Nitric oxide (ppm)
- Olefins as C atoms
- Aromatics as C atoms
- HCHO (ppm) Formaldehyde (ppm)
- Carbonyl compounds~ dinitrophenylhydrazine
- The plane discharging its toilet contents over the human populated places (which is quit common)
- olycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and so much more..
Which can cause
- respiratory tract sensory irritation
- inflammatory cytokine secretion in exposed alveolar type II ( the lung may lead to the development of fibrosis)
- increased pulmonary resistance (Pulmonary vascular resistance (PVR) is similar to SVR except it refers to the arteries that supply blood to the lungs)
- decreased weight gain in rats
- immunotoxicity (is defined as adverse effects on the functioning of both local and systemic immune systems that result from exposure to toxic substances including chemical warfare agents.)
- neurological effects
- eating problems
- Performance decrement
- Memory impairment
- Vision problems
- Tingling/nerve problems
- Confusion Disorientation
- Increased cold/flu feeling
More reading on plane Exhaust
- Plane Exhaust Kills More People Than Plane Crashes
- Pollution Can Change Your DNA in 3 Days, Study Suggests
- Pollution Can Change Your DNA in 3 Days
Contents of the air
- Nuclear power plants constantly emit low levels of radiation into the environment
Which can cause :
- “Radiation is known to cause cancer in humans. Radiation can also cause other adverse health effects, including genetic defects in the children of exposed parents or mental retardation in the children of mothers exposed during pregnancy…
- genetic effects
- developmental abnormalities
- reproductive effect
- cell death
- studies indicate that lower doses of tritium can cause more cell death (Dobson, 1976),
Radiation exposure side effects (low like living near a nuclear plant)
- Ionizing radiation has sufficient energy to affect the atoms in living cells and thereby damage their genetic material (DNA)
- changing platelet of 1265 medical workers
- Dna Damage
Coal Plants (which also emit radiation in to the air) Great website that shows your area coal plant and its effects
contains in the air:
- oxides of carbon
- heavy metals
- aromatic hydrocarbons such as benzo(α)pyrene; radionuclides. Some of these are probably carcinogenic or mutagenic. Another kind of stochastic effect, probably caused by oxides of sulphur (sulphate) combined with soot and aggravated by cigarette smoking, is the development of chronic bronchitis after long exposure (Nishiwaki et al., 1971).
Which can cause:
- cardiovascular disease
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- congestive heart failure
- loss of intelligence.
Burning (garbage , computer waste , etc)
- carbon dioxide (CO2)
- nitrogen oxides (NOx)
- and much more depends on what is burning.
- birth defects
- heart disease
- DNA damage
- impaired thyroid function
2nd Hand cigaret smoke, or anything in this topic
- Chemicals in 2nd hand smoke
- Tobacco-specific nitrosamines.
- 1,3–butadiene (a hazardous gas)
- Cadmium (a toxic metal)
Which can cause
- blood gets thicker
- lung cancer
- Many other types of cancer
- raises your “bad” LDL cholesterol
- damages the lining of your blood vessels
- Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
- More respiratory infections (such as bronchitis and pneumonia)
- More severe and frequent asthma attacks
- Ear infections
- Chronic cough
Farm waste:Now I hold this close to my heart as I am a farmer, but the way they farm today. That is not how they farmed yesterday… Nor how I farm now. Today farming is very factory-like. which not only is hard on the animals and land itself, but he harms the people around the farms and farmers themself.There is waste pools (Of collected feces of cows, pigs, etc) which they ferment and then spray it on crops which goes in to the air.. which those droplets are or can be very harmful to the body
- there is the chemcials they put on the plants
- irritated skin
- nose, and throat may get irritated.
- Liver disease
- Kidney issues
- Developmental issues
What is in Pesticide
- insect repellent
- animal repellent
What it can cause
- stinging eyes
Wow! So much information. So what to do? Alhamdulillah ( all praise due to the creator of the heavens and the earth) He created us with a system that heals:
What is the Solution to Air Pollution?
1st. If your able to .. the best thing to do . is to do as much research as possible and move. The closer you are to uncontaminated air and further you are away from it.. It gives your body time to detox, heal and be stable in health
not everyone is able to do that
- 2nd. We need to look at what we ingest. Is it organic? Do we wash it? Do we eat highly processed foods? Cutting out the highly processed foods, sugars, corn syrups msg, perspectives, colors, additives, etc … will help your body to start focusing on healing from these air pollutants, but if it’s constantly healing from these foods that can damage your body too. It may be unable to heal. and or may take a long time to heal or break down the immune system that may open you up to other things like viruses.
- Water~ Helps to cleanses the body and pushes toxins out. Please check out my other blog about the importance of water.
- activated charcoal~ absorb a range of toxins, drugs, viruses, bacteria, fungus, pesticides, mercury, bleach, opium, cocaine, acetaminophen, morphine
- spirulina~ Improves gut health, lowering cholesterol, reducing blood pressure, preventing heart disease. reducing allergy
symptoms, powerful blood purifier
- Wheat grass (not powder for gluten intolerance )~ Helps kill cancers cells, Reduce inflammation, purifies blood, boost immunity, blood builder, oxygenates the blood , antibacterial, anti-tumor, anti-oxidant,
- Cilantro~ Anti- convulsant , antioxidant, anti-inflammatory , nero-protective
- Chlorella~ binds to heavy metals and radioactive particles and flushes them. , high blood pressure, cancer prevention,
crowns disease, high cholesterol
- Dandelion. … detoxes, aids in the liver and kidneys, boast immunity, antibacterial, anticancer, antiviral,
- Milk Thistle. … detoxes liver, antioxidant, removing pollutants, preventing free radical damage in the body, reduces insulin resistance, limits the spread of cancer, bone health, improves cognition , detox from radiation
- Red Clover. … respiratory issues (such as asthma, whooping cough, and bronchitis), skin disorders (such as eczema and psoriasis), inflammatory conditions like arthritis, treat several conditions including cancer, purifies the blood by acting helping clear lungs of mucous, improving circulation, and helping cleanse the liver.
- Turmeric~ anti-inflammatory, anticarcinogenic, and anti-Alzheimer’s, relives pain, improves liver function,
** always do you research before starting a herb, though food based herbs should not have any problem but if your for example going to take turmeric on a high dosage and taking blood thinners .. this is something to look out for. If any questions don’t hesitate to contact me or ask your doctor.
#4 exercise! I can not say enough .
- Helps with detoxing the lungs,
- cleans the skin when sweating,
- cleaning the organs of pullantans,
- improves brain function
#5 stretching :
- Promotes blood circulation
- Reduces soreness
- reduces cholesterol
- detoxing organs
- reduce heart-rate
This is just the tip of the ice burg, we have to remember is that the one that created us. Created us in a way that we can heal. For example, if you break your leg your body can heal that break. which is just amazing! Never-ending research … to be able to share and implement to help you and our families to the best we can be. I hope that this blog was beneficial. again any questions regarding the post. Or would like a topic to be talked about don’t hesitate to contact me. Let’s talk it out.
Copyright © [ElderberryHolisticHelath]
I would love to know how you feel about this post today..