Good Morning, Afternoon or evening. I hope this reaches you all in good health. So I have had the question brought to me a few times, why did I choose Elderberry for our blog name?
For me, the elderberry plant represents us and our practice. Let’s break it down.
- Elderberry is a shrub. It is beautiful; it grows 5-12 ft tall and can be 10 feet wide. It grows worldwide (which I hope our practice can touch and be helpful wherever you are in the world)
- The elderberry fruit and trees are so beneficial.
- The berries and flowers are full of antioxidants & vitamins.
- High in Vitamin C
- High in Fiber
- Good find of phenolic acid(helps slow down the damage of oxidative stress in the body)
- Good source of flavonols
- Rich in anthocyanin (potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory)
- It boasts your immune system.
- Help with inflammation
- Lessen stress
- Bark can be used as a laxative.
- Can help with influenza
- It can help with infections.
- Help with Cholesterol
- It may help with fighting cancer.
- Fights of harmful bacteria
- It may help with depression.
- It can help with Headaches.
- and Dental pain
- And Heart pain
- And Nerve pain
**Warning** Don’t eat elderberries raw. They need to be cooked down. People have gotten sick eating them raw as your practitioner for suggestions or help. **
As you can see, Elderberry helps with so many wide varieties of ailments… Holistic health is the same way. We look for the root of the reason for the sickness, pain, and illness. So we can heal from the cause. Not just cover up the effect of the cause. So we have many different ways of treating holistically.
- Is it internal (body)
- Is it deficiency
- Something broken
- Is it external (body)
- Fungal also
- Is it Work
- Is it stree
- Is it Pollution from
- Products and much more
We look at all aspects of the person’s life to find the cause… and treat it with
- Dietary Supplements
- Bach flower
- Massage Therapy
- Acupressure point
- Body movement
And there are so many other types of Alternative Medicine. Here is an excellent list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_forms_of_alternative_medicine
As the elderberry plant, we strive daily to share knowledge to inspire you to work toward a more holistic way of healing and life.
It is also our passion to be here to support you, whatever stage you are in your healing and health goals, as the Elderberry supports us in all different aspects of our health.
If you like to know more about Elderberry, leave a comment below… Also, have you or do you use Elderberry? Let us know your experiences.
I would love to know how you feel about this post today..